Tropical Nites Holiday Townhouses in Port Douglas custom make educational programs for school groups based around the rich environmental, wildlife and cultural experiences available in Tropical North Queensland. Contact us with your approximate budget and dates and we will create an itinerary for your group.
We offer 1,2 and 3 bedroom self contained apartments, perfect for family accommodation or School Groups that plan to stay in Port Douglas.
Port Douglas is the closest mainland port to the Great Barrier Reef offering the best access to this natural wonder and only 15 minutes drive from the start of The Daintree National Park with a large number of educational and experiential opportunities on our doorstep in addition to the reef and rainforest such as:
- Low Isles Day Cruises snorkeling amongst an abundance of marine life and coral reef.
- The Rainforest Habitat Wildlife Sanctuary – Australia’s leading wildlife environmental experience incorporating guided tours of Rainforest, Wetlands and Grasslands environments with dedicated educational programs available.
- Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures – 10 Hectare reserve within a World Heritage area incorporating fresh water and estuarine crocodiles, snakes and other wildlife with regular feeding shows and crocodile attack shows.
- Daintree Discovery Centre – a world class interpretive centre within the Daintree Rainforest.
- Jungle Surfing Canopy Tours – touring the Daintree on flying fox zip lines without putting your feet on the ground while taking in a birds eye view of the rainforest and Great Barrier Reef.
- Dan Irby Adventures - Dan Irby's Mangrove Adventures offers Daintree River cruises which are very personal and informative for both the amateur and professional visitors all year round.
Tropical North Queensland is also home to the most renowned, respected and awarded Aboriginal Cultural experiences in Australia including:
- Kuku Yalanji guided rainforest walks of Mossman Gorge – The Kuku Yalanji are the indigenous inhabitants of the land from Port Douglas to Cooktown. This guided walk imparts some of their knowledge of the rainforest, plant uses and bush tucker sources.
- Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park - This award winning cultural park is at the forefront of aboriginal cultural education in Australia with fully organized educational programs for all age groups.
These are just some of the environmental, wildlife and cultural experiences available to you in Tropical North Queensland and Tropical Nites in Port Douglas is the perfect accommodation base for your tropical educational experience.